Thursday, October 10, 2013

We're expecting!

This past month has been wonderfully terrible!

We found out we are expecting baby Byrd #2!

Doesn't Sophia look like such a big girl in this picture? Can't get over it!!


We found out really early, so it feels like it's been longer than it really has. Pfff, what am I saying? We still have about seven more long months to go! :)

But yes, it has been wonderfully terrible.

Wonderful because um, hello? Another baby Byrd. Yeah!

And when I say terrible, I'm talking about two little words...

Morning sickness. ACK!

I thought morning sickness was hard before, but boy was (am) I in for something else! How do women do it? Pregnant with a toddler. Hard work. It really feels like it's taking a village to raise Sophia right now. I am so thankful for our family for offering all of their help with Sophie.

For the past three weeks I've mostly been laying in bed or in Sophia's bed while she plays. Occasionally I'd come sit on the couch. We've been watching a lot of movies, TV shows, and cartoons. Sophia is loving it! Ha ha. Although, by the end of the day, she's going a bit stir crazy.

This nausea is debilitating! There have been a few times when I feel OK, then get worried that something is wrong with the pregnancy, but am quickly reminded that all must be well because the nausea has returned. ;)

The past few days I've actually been feeling a little bit better. Only nauseous on and off. Seems like it's picking up around noon and just goes downhill from there. Nights are terrible. But yes, the last few days, maybe about a week, the nausea has let up quite a bit. Which is totally, unexpectedly nice! But it came with a price. Heart burn. Didn't have that while pregnant with Sophie. Ouch. And a few other uncomfortable pregnancy symptoms that I will spare you from. ;)

Here's a little picture of our babe. Tiny little guy (or gal!).
Hello, baby Byrd. :)

Heart beat was 137 BPM then, and I'm about 8.5 weeks along now. Due 5-20-2014.

-I'm mostly feeling sick, and extremely tired and ready for bed by 8:00PM. Especially if I miss my nap!
-Absolutely no cravings.
-Hard to eat.
-Most food makes me gag.
-Most smells make me gag.
-Chewing gum seems to help.
-Very bloated.
-Can't stand shorts or pants that are too tight (too early for maternity wear?? I think not!) 
-Don't want ANYTHING to touch my stomach.
-Heart burn.
-Nausea.
-Excited!

Aaron has been awesome! Taking on double parenting duties, even after a long days work. It's actually really adorable to see how much Sophia has taken to him lately. Everything is ALL about Daddy! So sweet.

I am already in awe all over again at the miracle a baby is and finding myself checking each day/week what is developing.

I am a little a lot nervous about this pregnancy. I was so sick with Sophia, and having her at 32 weeks, finding out I had a potentially fatal placenta abnormality (placenta circumvallate), makes me extremely nervous. 

We had originally wanted to use a midwife and possibly birth at home. I felt so sure that was the route I wanted to take, but after talking to my doctor (who had become a midwife since Sophia was born) I'm thinking we won't be doing that. We'll probably end up having to switch doctors to one that deals with high risk pregnancies and I'll have to do a few things different than I did while pregnant with Sophia.

I know people usually wait until after the first trimester to announce their big surprise, but how can I even keep this in?!? Too excited.

Plus, for those of you who have always said if we "ever need someone to watch Sophia" that you'd love to... I'll probably be taking you up on that offer soon! ;)

2 comments:

  1. PLEASE put me on the babysitting list for Sophia! I can run Elizabeth and her around so much she'll be ready for bed when i bring her home! (or asleep already)! I am so so so happy for you guys! Youre the greatest mother i know Ash. Your children are very very blessed :) love youuuuu

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read something that said you can tell whether the babe is a girl or boy by the placement of the placenta. It's supposed to be 95.something % accurate. Anyway, I am so excited to be any aunt two times over. I can't wait for this next baby Byrd! Let me know if I can help in any way. Love you girl. You are a wonderful momma!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs