Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Baby Update - 11 Weeks

I cannot believe it is almost November.

Wow.

We had our 11 week baby appointment yesterday. Talk about an emotional visit!

Last week, Wednesday to be exact, the worst of my pregnancy symptoms dramatically decreased. The afternoons have been bad, and evenings/nights were terrible (still kind of are). So nauseous/tired/faint/weak. Anyway, last Wednesday I went to bed feeling mostly normal and didn't even take a Zofran for morning sickness. Whoa! Not proud that I was taking this... But hey, you do what you gotta do. Still going to bed "morning sickness" free! Mostly.

I started to get a little worried.... What if something happened to the baby? What if it wasn't progressing? I'm a worrier. So when I all of the sudden start feeling better too early, I can't help but think the worst.

When we finally get called back to see the doctor, I express my concern with not feeling as pregnant the past week, and my doctor pulls out the doppler to reassure us that the baby is fine. Except she couldn't find a heart beat. Talk about a long few minutes! Then she decided we'd do an sonogram to see what's going on.  Then we waited another few minutes while waiting for the ultrasound room. Talk about another long few minutes!!! I told Aaron I felt like I already prepared myself for this and he said we don't know for sure yet, and gave me a hug and prayed over us and the baby.

And then we saw our sweet baby. Kicking, stretching, and rolling around in there. And the tears came. Guess our little babe was just in hiding and was REALLY low. Which is all fine and normal.



We're 11 weeks 3 days. I don't even remember the heartbeat because everything was a blur after seeing our little baby wiggling around. But the heartbeat was good! Wish we could have gotten a better picture, but we were in there for such a short amount of time. It's definitely a little person though. Little legs and arms. Amazing.

Once we got in the car, we sat there for a minute hugging and crying.


So.....

At 11 weeks 3 days

-Nausea mostly gone. Comes and goes, but not bad.
-Have some red/pink dry patches popping up on my back/abdomen/legs. Weird. But can be normal. I guess anything goes during pregnancy!
-No baby bump but am certainly bloated, feeling bigger and wearing the crap outa my yoga pants. ;)
-No weight gain. Lost a few lbs.
-Still can't handle bad smells. Ew...
-Heartburn is gone!
-Uncomfortable when laying on my stomach.
-Pregnancy insomnia still in full swing!
-Feeling sick/faint at night.
-Sophia is officially weaned from breastfeeding. It's been about three weeks. Bittersweet.
-Made dinner last night for the first time in six weeks. Starting to get back in the kitchen!
-Slowly making my way out of the house. Feels so good to be back in the real world.
-I've also started to get emotional. Of course, I've had my melt downs during this first trimester, but now we're getting into the random, happy-cry emotions. Mostly when I look at Aaron or Sophia. Just feeling blessed and excited.

Sophia is starting to understand the baby news. Although, she also thinks she has a baby in her belly. And says that daddy does, too. :)

Now that the morning sickness has mostly gone, I'm finding myself thinking "wow... that did go by pretty fast." Which is funny, because when it's happening, it's the LONGEST time of your life. Never ending! But it does. And it did. And now I feel even more excited about this baby Byrd. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs