Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Sophia is Two!

I'm been meaning to post about Sophie's 2nd birthday... I guess it's better late than never!

Sophia turned two on August 19th.

Wow.
Where has time gone?

Aaron and I had decided to just have a little cake with Sophie, but at the last minute we invited all the family over. I'm SO glad we did, because Sophia was absolutely precious!

My favorite part of the whole day was watching Sophia sit in front of her cake, all lights off, smiling, looking at her glowing candles, while everyone sang Happy Birthday. What a sweet, sweet moment.

I wish I would have gotten some better pictures (don't I always? Someday I will have an awesome camera! Or just remember to take pictures!).

Sophia says "two" and holds up both pointers. Cute!


 Somewhere we have some videos of us singing Happy Birthday. Maybe on Aaron's or my mom's phone. I'll be looking so I can upload those, too.


I haven't done a very good job writing down Sophia's milestones or things she says and does at each age. It makes me a little sad. So I am going to start with "Two."


Two Years Old
-Wears 12-18 month bottoms, and 18-24 month tops
-Size 6 shoe.
-Is constantly talking. We can only understand about half of what she says, but every day we get a little bit closer to understanding it all. Bittersweet.
-Loves to dance.
-Loves all music.
-Yes ma'am is said "sep pam." I will be SO sad when she learns to say it the right way.
-Knows all the letters in the alphabet.
-Potty trained, but has regressed while I've been sick.
-Has a strange obsession with shoes. Hers, yours, mine, everyone's. Is always wearing and switching out shoes.
-Is entering the "mine" stage. Ugh..
-Great little eater!
-Has had a hard time learning to share.
-Also, a hard time learning patience.
-Says "Awe man" and "oh dear" all day, everyday.
-Needs "tisses" (kisses) on any and every bump or stratch (or "boose" aka, bruise).
-Has really taken to Aaron lately. It's adorable. Loves doing anything with daddy, and cries when he leaves for work.
-Always asks to use "daddy's paste" when brushing teeth.
-Is very sensitive to the way others are feeling.
-Asks for hugs when she sad or gets in trouble.
-Voluntarily goes to her room to pout and comes out happy when shes done.
-Loves Nana and Papa's houses. I think it's because of all their yummy "snee-acks" (snacks). Hah.
-Also loves babies and baby dolls. Seeing them, taking care of them, playing with them.
-Likes to run.
-Started showing off when people come to the house. Bringing them things, running fast, showing off her toys.
-Closes her eyes when I ask her to look at me and listen.
-Spits when she doesn't like what she's told to do or not do. Usually just the spit in her mouth, but sometimes water or food. Drives me nuts. Haven't found a way to get it under control.
-Always says "Luj You" (Love you) and showers us with kisses, hugs, and pats on the back.

Sometimes I catch myself saying she in the terrible twos, but I don't really think that. She is way too sweet to be terrible. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs