Monday, January 7, 2013

Thanksgiving/Christmas 2012

I'm a horrible blogger.

I'm a month late on Thanksgiving and only have one picture to show, and only took a few pictures at Christmas. Bleh. Luckily, Aaron snapped a few, and my cousin Rachel took some good ones too. So I'll use their pictures for this post. Thanks, guys!

For as long as I can remember, my family has alternated Thanksgiving and Christmas with my parent's sides of the family. Does that make sense? Like we spend Thanksgiving in New Mexico, then Christmas in Kansas, and switch the next year.

But now that mom and dad are doing their own things, Logan and I are married, and Jordan is in New York, I have a feeling it won't be like this for much longer.

We spent the day before Thanksgiving, and Thanksgiving day at Aaron's dad's house with his sister and her family. I love hanging out with them! We played outside, picked pecans, pet the neighbor's horse, played with the many toys Mimi and Papa have, played some pool, Aaron and David shot Aaron's bow, watched movies, and stuffed ourselves with Jenn's amazing Thanksgiving meal!

Here are two of Sophia's cousins, Ayla and Miley.



The day after Thanksgiving we went to Logan and Arielle's house for another dinner with my mom, Micah-Ray, and Arielle's parents. We had a great time over there, too. Dinner was followed by board games that  had us all in fits of laughter.


So, Saturday the 22nd, we made the long drive to New Mexico and spent Christmas with dad's side of the family.As I'm getting older, I'm realizing how special is it that we've always been able to visit our extended families multiple times a year. I'm so thankful Aaron and I have been able to make the last couple of trips with mom and dad for the holidays. I love that he has been able to spend time with all my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.

Christmas in New Mexico is always fun. Lots of laughing, hiking, games, movies, and pigging out!

This year, the stomach bug claimed about one third of our group. Ack! But, somehow, us Texas Reynolds/Byrds made it back without catching it. Hallelujah!

Here are a few fun pictures of our week!














No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs