Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Sleepover!

A few weeks ago, we offered to watch Aaron's sister's girls while she and her husband went out of their anniversary. The girls had such a good time and were sad to leave, so we planned on having a sleepover within the next few weeks.

Aaron's sister and brother in law live in Eldorado, so the only times we get to see them are when they're in San Angelo for something. Well, I shouldn't say that. We could probably see them as often as we want. But with everyone having different schedules and the busyness of life, we only see them when they're in town.

Jennifer and the girls came in to town Saturday evening and left David at home since he had to work over the weekend.

The girls wasted no time and got to playing right away!
I think Sophia especially enjoyed having the girls over. She felt like a big kid and was included in everything Ayla and Miley did.
Even Jennifer and I joined in!
(we should really get some blinds for that window... heh.)

Sophia's new shopping cart from Papa and Mimi Byrd was a big hit! We already knew Sophia loves it, but it was great watching the girls play with it too! Now we know we will be getting many years of play outa this thing! 
And thanks to my friend Mary for the great "smoothie pops" idea. Milk and mixed berries, blended and frozen in plastic popsicles. They made a yummy bedtime snack!
Sunday morning we made homemade blueberry and banana pancakes, and scrambled eggs. Wish I would have snapped a picture of that. Both Ayla and Miley were very helpful!

After church we headed over to my Dad's for our normal Sunday lunch together. I love that Jennifer and the girls were able to come. They had a blast with Micah-Ray.
What a great picture of Jennifer and Aaron!

Since the girls were having such a good time with Micah-Ray, we invited him over while Sophia napped, and Jennifer ran a few errands in town. 
Do I even need so say how well they all got along? Hee hee. 

It was a great weekend!
I love getting to spend time with the people I love. 
My heart is full. :)

2 comments:

  1. Dude! I think my kids want to come over for a sleepover, too!! You are like the BEST AUNT EVER!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs