Thursday, October 2, 2014

Something's brewing... and it's exciting.

Where do I even start?

I have so many thoughts, it would take forever to put them in any order so I'll just... start talking!

I like blogging. It's a fun hobby for me. Not as time consuming, messy, or expensive as scrapbooking (do people still even do that anyway?) but still like an online scrapbook. I like that.

I love memories and I love reading about other's memories.
I like to share what we're going through. I like hearing about what other's are going through and how they're handling it.
I like to talk. Especially about things I'm into. And I like learning how to do things or different ways to do things.
I love being a parent and being married. I like learning tools to strengthen myself in those areas. Or even just knowing that other people are going through the same things, too.

Sometimes being a stay at home mom is a lonely life. I honestly thought it would all come naturally. That I'd just figure it out as I go. Parenting. Motherhood. Wifehood. Along with being my own person and still having my own goals and dreams.
But this last year, it hasn't come so naturally. If fact, it seems to be getting harder. And I think it feels harder partly because I don't have something that I do for myself.

So that book I mentioned before, Desperate. Hope for the mom who needs to breathe. By Sarah Mae & Sally Clarkson. It's good. Real good. I'm only three chapters in and I'm already seeing my perspective changing.

Sally says "Motherhood was meant to be experienced with other mothers, aunts, grandmothers, and a community of women sharing the load."
We need other mom friends. And we all know how hard that is.
That's probably why mommy blogging is so popular.
(Which I am, by the way, stepping out of my comfort zone and working towards getting more mama friends. And no, not just online. Heh. It's easy to find like minded moms online. Real life=not so much. But yes, I'm working on it!)

Then Sally says "And remember, a wise woman is one who copies wise women."
I used to feel bad, weird, even creepy... ha ha, doing things the way someone else did. But there's a reason I did/do those things. Because they're wise. And thanks to Sally Clarkson, I feel like I have permission to keep on copying and learning what works for us in all aspects of our lives.

I was listening to this podcast the other day. I think it was from The Art of Simple, or maybe How They Blog, but they were talking about taking action. You've got to start somewhere. Just do it. Something will come.

I've been sewing for years and used to make good money selling totes and purses and even planned on going to the Art Institute of Dallas for it right before I found out I was pregnant with Sophia. I thought I was over my sewing days, until I attempted a cloth diaper the other day. And hey, I'm not over it at all! I've made little things here and there. People always say I should sell stuff. I knew I could, but what? What do I make and sell?

Then cloth diapers happened.

And that got my wheels turning.

I would love to start my own ByrdHouse business. Different product lines. Things for the baby byrd, mama byrd, and maybe for the sister byrd. Things for your byrd nest. Work on baby first, then add to it over time.

So I'll be working on that. And hoping in six months to a year I can launch a little online business. I guess I'm still considering an Etsy shop, too, but who knows.

Right now I'm just trying to learn more about blogging. What style of blog I want to write. Finding a balance between being too wordy or not wordy enough. Being consistent. Maybe a new domain name and leaving blogger and moving somewhere else.

I'm a little worried my lack of knowledge in the English department will hinder me though. Although, according to some, it might help since I'm not worried so much about format, being grammatically correct, and some other stuff that kinda went over my head. Ha! A friend gave me a book about creative nonfiction to read and I'm excited to dive into that.

I've decided to start Vlogging too. I learned that term yesterday. Vlog. Cool. Where have I been? I've had several people and friends ask how we cloth diaper, so I thought I'd do my first video on our cloth diapering system.

I plan on posting more than "keeping up" with us. All subjects. Family, parenting, motherhood, wifehood, marriage, finances, minimizing, organizing, food, natural alternatives, DIY crafts, babies. Everything. Not picking a certain category quite yet so I can see where it takes me.

Hoping I can tie all of this together, and eventually make something of it. It's been fun to think about. Part of me is thinking "who would even care?" Who cares what I have to say about what? But if there is anyone else like me, I think they'd like to visit my page.

I've been talking about this stuff for years to Aaron, and last night I went off on a long spill about it all. He said I should go for it. So I am.

And this even half of what the Lord is stirring up in my heart! Ah!

More to come later.
Sorry for the long post.
Lots of rambling.
Had to get it out some way!

And for your enjoyment... Some random pictures from last night. Aaron got a new phone. Trying out his camera.


To anyone who stuck with me through my babbling... What do you think? 

Thoughts? Tips? Advice? I'd love some feedback. :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm excited for you ! I would buy some stuff !! I always enjoy learning from you and reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just typed up a whole comment then it dissapeared :( First of all I love Silas face in the left pic, so cute!! I love love love reading your blog, maybe because your ahead of me in motherhood and its like a peek at my future. I have seen things you've sewn and they are great! So I have no doubt you can start a business with it. I know alot of websites have blogs on them so maybe you could launch a ByrdHouse website and blog on it. Anyways just my thoughts ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! His face. Hilarious.
      Yes, a website and a blog. I'll have to look into that. Thanks, Jenny!

      Delete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs