Saturday, September 20, 2014

Aaron- Back to School

Oh, Aaron.
My sweet husband.

Aaron started back at school this fall semester pursuing a degree in computer science and I couldn't be more excited for him. After watching him read books about computers and certifications just for the sake of knowing, listening to him talk about "computer things" WAY over my head, and watching him build our computer along with helping a few friends and family build their computers, I know this is exactly what he should be doing. He's talented in this stuff. He understands it all. He should make this his career!

I can't tell you how impressed I've been by him. Between work and school, he's been averaging 10-12 hour days away from home Monday-Thursday, then coming home to work on homework. Friday he doesn't have any school so he's able to hang around in the morning a little before going to work. Then it's back to work Saturday mornings for lessons and/or to teach CPR classes.
Needless to say, he seems to be balancing home, work, and school with ease and the coolness that he is. ;)

I, on the other hand, feel like I'm just trying to keep my head above water. As a friend said, I am single-momming it. And yes, it definitely feels like I am.

Should I even be complaining about this?
I love staying at home with my babies!
I love it. I love it. I LOVE it.

But sometimes it can be so lonely. Especially since we only have one car. Lots of planning goes into each and every outing.
And it's stressful.
But so, so sweet.
And tiring...
But fun!

See my problem here? Heh.

We recently talked about putting Sophia in preschool. Miss Social. I think we're leaning towards buying a swing set/playground for the backyard instead. 

Desperate
Hope for the mom who needs to breathe.
I started reading this book for a book group.
Not very far into it, but what I've read so far is leaving me feeling encouraged.

This and podcasts. They're my thing now. Yep. Podcasts. Where have I been?
Listening to it all.
Organizing, minimizing, homeschooling, disciplining, blogging, parenting. 
Keeps me company through meal making and dishes. 

I've also realized I've done us a disservice...
If only I would have known two years ago what I know now.
Stay at home moms need other mom friends. (Like more than two, in my case. Haha) And their children need play dates and activities outside of the house with other kids if they're not in preschool or daycare. I mean, we do play with other kids, go to the park, do fun things... But not enough.

So while Aaron is working hard with school and work, I've decided to work hard making more mom friends and Sophie friends, and make it a habit to plan fun outings to keep us busy. 

Anyway, I'm proud of Aaron.
And probably a little jealous.

Wait no, I love my job work mom life.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs