Friday, May 16, 2014

SO close!!

Have to do a little update. I have a feeling (and hoping) I won't be doing another pregnancy post!

Today is 39 weeks and 5 days. Woo hoo!

Yesterday I had a regular prenatal appointment. I had the option of getting my membranes stripped but wasn't sure if I wanted to. I really do believe baby will come when he's ready and that'll make for the best birth for us. But it's so tempting when you're this far along and the words "speed it along, get it started, induce, so close" are being thrown around. But luckily, I didn't have to make that decision.

I decided to go ahead and let my doctor do a cervical check and I'm already 6cm dilated and I'm assuming totally effaced (forgot to ask, but was 50% at 38 weeks). Labor is half way done and it hasn't even started yet! She said there's no need to sweep my membranes, that he's "right there and ready."

We had the option of having my water broken this morning, but decided to wait. Shouldn't be too long anyway!

Again, woo hoo!!

Except, now I feel like a ticking time bomb. Ha!

Aaron and I had planned on laboring at home for a long as possible before heading to the hospital since we're shooting for a natural birth. Looks like we won't be laboring at home very long now! I have a feeling it's going to go super fast once real labor contractions start.

Speaking of labor contractions...

I hope I don't miss them. Heh. Maybe we'll have a home birth after all... ;) Kidding, kidding.
Yesterday my doctor asked if I thought I was in labor.
... I don't know?!
How do you not know!?
How can I be at a 6?!

Yeah, I'm having lots of braxton hicks contractions. Yeah, they're a little uncomfortable. But I've had them consistently since I was 15 weeks. It's life now! Labor with Sophia didn't hurt too bad until I was about 8cm dilated... Then I had her about 30 minutes later. Hope that's what happens this time.



Took a pregnant selfie. Aaron's not here to take a picture.
This morning Aaron asked where I was going all dressed up. 
Heh! Thought I should change out of my night gown... So I put on something equally as comfortable. Maxi dress to the rescue!

-Baby boy is head down and is still active, but the movements have changed from strong jabs, to moving slower and sloshing around. Except for his little feet on my right side. :)
-The night time acid reflux has been UNREAL this past week! I'm sleeping on a million pillows at an incline. 
-Somehow I've made it this far without any stretch marks and doing very little to prevent them. I must have good skin. ;) (Thanks, mom and dad!)
-Weight gain is at 30lbs.
-Much less swelling in my hands and feet. Still can't wear my rings, or shoes other than my black flip flops... But hey, no swollen ankles!
-Feeling super emotional.
-Feeling tired a lot.
-Feeling anxious.

Sophia keeps rubbing my belly saying "Baby Silas... Come out, come out! We're ready for youuuu!"
It's adorable. Big sister. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs