Sunday, April 27, 2014

Easter Weekend

Easter weekend.
We had a full weekend!

Friday was spent in Eldorado with the Dorans, Aaron's sister Jennifer's family. Sophia LOVED seeing the girls and had been talking about playing with them for at least a week or two.
Saturday morning Sophia went with her Daddy Sammy to an Easter Egg hunt at ASU (notice the matching yellow and blue outfits). Had to snap a picture before they left!





























Then we went to my dad's friend's house in Christoval for another egg hunt, hot dogs and smores, and songs around the fire pit. Sophia pulled this little wagon all over the place!

Sunday we went to church.

I haven't even mentioned yet that we joined a new church! Aye!

Back in November we randomly decided to go to Freedom Fellowship one Sunday. We loved it. And we've been going ever since. I think it was in February that we joined. I can't even remember? Maybe early March? Anyway, it just felt really good, and right, to be there. We're just the Byrd's. Aaron, Ashley, Sophia, and baby brother on the way. :) Not Kevin's daughter's family, Logan or Jordan's sister's family, Robin's daughter's family. I never really of thought this before, but now that I think about it, it doesn't feel like my family's past is hanging over me anymore. It's freeing. And I didn't realize how badly I needed that until I went to another church. I can feel myself, and I know Aaron feels the same for himself, growing and stretching in ways I wasn't ready to while going to CCSA. Freedom is very similar to CCSA and I think that's why we feel so at home there. We still love all of our CCSA people, and that will always be home to me. But right now, Freedom is exactly where we are supposed to be.

After church we went to my mom's in Grape Creek for dinner, a walk, decorating eggs, and hanging out. I need to go over there more. It's so peaceful out there. We had a great time.






























I'm pretty sure Sophia had more candy than she's ever had... But no worries. Aaron and I helped her out eating it all up. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs