Sunday, March 9, 2014

Baby Update - 30 Weeks

This pregnancy is taking forever!
....
But it's going by so fast!

30 weeks already. Wow. 
I just want to meet our baby boy!! 
Not yet though. When he's full term. ;)

Speaking of baby boy... We've decided on a name!

We were going to wait until his birth to tell his name, but we've already spilled the beans sooo...

(Here's little guy at my 28 week cervical check ultrasound. Which is still in the normal range!! No sign of preterm labor as of yet. Yay!)
There's not any special meaning to his name other than the fact that we both really liked it. :)

30 Weeks 
-Starting to feel uncomfortable, but still fully able to move around with ease.
-Baby is head down (and very low!!).
-Feeling the occasional kick in the ribs.
-Noticing baby hiccups. 
-Not quite heartburn but almost! Just an annoying burning in my throat every evening and into the night. 
-Craving ice.
-.... and sweets.
-Total weight gain=15lbs.
-No stretch marks.
-Braxton Hicks seem to calm down some after visiting the chiropractor. Last time my hips were an inch out of alignment. No wonder my lower back was killing me and I had such an irritable uterus!
-Working on birth plan.
-Baby is much more active than Sophia, and she was pretty active! Wondering if everyone else is able to see my stomach jiggle and move as much as I am. It is seriously distracting! Catching glimpses of a bulge or movement across my belly out of the corner of my eye all the time! Along with feeling it, of course. ;)
-He is also sitting on a nerve that makes the very top part of my left leg numb and tingle.
-Feeling myself widen around my sides and hips. Think I'm starting to grow side to side instead of just out front now.
-Always hungry.
-Also feeling swelling and tightness in my fingers when I'm really hot. Not cool!

Baby #2 has been much more different than #1. 

We've decided not to use the our extra room as a nursery, but turn it into a play/school room for Sophia (and eventually Silas). We have a big recliner in there that will be my "nursing station" and main hang out when he's first born. Planning on having the room all decked out to keep Sophia entertained while mommy adjusts to life with a newborn and toddler. Silas will sleep in the co-sleeper crib in our room, has a drawer in our dresser, and space in my closet for his things. I'll probably post pictures in a few weeks when it's all set up.

We already have quite a few clothes thanks to Micah-Ray's hand-me-downs and my moms thrifty buying. I've also just started to buy a few onesies and sleepers and found some gently used Aden & Anais muslin blankets on eBay (score!). We've got the car seat/base, co-sleeper, wrap and buckle carrier (also want to buy or make a ring sling), will be breastfeeding, swing, Sophia's old bouncer, baby items and toys, double stroller, and I'm working on our cloth diaper stash. I'm feeling pretty prepared. Only a few more little things I'd like to have.

I decided to use flats, prefolds, and diaper covers for diapering while at home. I'd really like to use The Honest Company diapers or Seventh Generation (yes mom, the "dirty" plain brown diapers, lol) when we're out and about, and don't think it'll be too expensive since we'll be using cloth most of the time.

 Flats are big cotton fabric squares. I'm buying the flour sack towels at Target that are 4 for $4. Can't beat that! Although, there are some pretty pricey hemp and bamboo flats specifically made for cloth diapering that I'd love to have. Maybe I can find some used for cheap! All about saving money over here!! 

I have about 10 flats, 10 small prefolds, and two Snappis so far. Oh, and I need to make wipes (or buy tons of baby wash cloths since I'm lazy), and come up with a good wipe solution to put in a spray bottle. I think I'm going to use Blueberry one size snap diaper covers, but am not sure yet. We'll only need a few since you don't have to wash them after each use. 

I did some practicing tonight. Basically, you fold the cloth snugly around baby, secure with Snappi, and cover with thin waterproof diaper cover. Except I don't have any covers yet, so I was only able to practice the flats and prefolds. 
The covers I would like grow with baby and have double gussets around the legs (prevent leakage). They're kinda pricey, but again, we'd only need a few and they'll last a long time.
I'm convinced this is the most inexpensive way to cloth diaper, not to mention it's clean, chemical free, gentle on baby's skin, and much better for the environment. I feel good about it. And the good thing about exclusively breastfeeding for the first six months is that I don't even have to rinse them out! Breastfed baby poops can go straight in the wash. Woot woot! In the cloth diaper load. Not with the rest of the laundry. ;) Too much info? Heh, sorry!

Aaron is on board with this cloth diapering system, too. He's always on board. He's easy. I lucked out. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs