Friday, October 12, 2012

Sweet Sophia

Here's some exciting news... Sophia said three words in the last 3 days. It was totally unexpected, and totally fun for me!

I like to think they're officially her first words, but I guess "mama" and "uh-oh" (yes, she has been saying uh-oh in the right context for a few months now, ha) are her first.

The first words were "bye bye, " and here's how it went down...

We invited Sammy, Sophia's biological father, over Wednesday morning to have a quick talk with us about Sophie, then let him take her for a few hours to spend some time with her.
  • And, OK, side note... What an amazing God we serve. If you would have asked me this a year ago, even six months ago, I would have said no way. Sophia is not ready, and I am certainly not ready. Lately, God has been pouring healing and understanding down on me. Wow. Just wow. Praise God for turning such a tough situation into something than can be, no will be, great. Sophia is loved. She is so loved, and has so much family.
  • I guess this topic deserves a post in itself, and it will, someday. But for now, I just wanted to share with you, and for myself to look back on, that our God is faithful. And he really does have a plan. You may tell people God has a plan for them, and really believe that he does, but maybe not think that for yourself.. But he does. Ah, that just gives me the goose bumps. Thank you Jesus for changing my heart. Changing my life!
Back to "bye bye." So we walked Sammy out, and helped load up the carseat, stroller, and diaper bag. As Sammy was buckling Sophia in, Aaron and I slowly started walking away. I was waving and saying "bye bye Sophia, bye bye," and what do ya know... Baby girl looked right at me and said "bye bye!" I looked at Aaron shocked, and said "did she just say bye bye? For real?" He laughed, and said yeah. What a sweet little voice. Kinda a neat little moment for Aaron, Sammy and I.

The second and third words came the next morning while playing in her room with Aaron. I walked in to see Sophia holding her stuffed animal saying "puppy" over and over. OK, maybe it sounded more like "puh-peh," but she was definitely saying puppy. Then Aaron handed her a tiny baby doll and she kept saying "be-be" for baby. How adorable. She's still been saying those words, but only when she reeeeally wants to.
 
Yesterday, Aaron didn't have to go into work until noon, so we put up a swing I snagged from a pile of leftover garage sale stuff from my grandparents last Christmas. She LOVED it. So fun. Although, I'll need to find a replacement belt, since this one is missing. I was eagar to let her try it out, so we made sure to be extra careful.

 
Is that laugh not the sweetest thing you've ever heard?
 
Well, Sophie girl is up from her nap. Lunch time!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs