Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Me

And so the journey to getting back in shape has begun!

The last 20 months have been the best months of my life! But, I just haven't felt like me. When Aaron and I first got married, I didn't feel like doing anything with my pregnant self. When Sophia came, I was too afraid to leave the room without her. Then, I just got lazy. Real lazy. Everyone has always told me breastfeeding burns so many calories, and I'm sure it does, but why didn't I lose the majority of my baby weight? I mean, I breastfed for a year 24/7, and still do two times a day. And I didn't even get that big while pregant! And then, a few months ago, I found out my birth control doesn't usually allow for weight loss. Great.

Anyway, I've been trying to squeeze into my old clothes for the past year, and have had no luck. I don't think I'm overweight by any means, just 30 lbs heavier (30 lbs you say? yeah, I was pretty thin). I just don't feel like me. Like I used to. And I miss my old clothes.. and buying a whole new wardrobe is expensive, ha ha.

About a month ago, Aaron and I were motivated by Benj and Mary Beaver to try cutting out all artifical sugars. Talk about hard. We decided to use up everything we had first (still working on it), and go from there. It was basically impossible at first because of all of the painting/moving/organizing going on, but now that we're getting settled in, I'm feeling more positive about it. I kinda feel like I'm not ready to cut out all sugars, but maybe I'm just sad to see my Root Beers go. :(

We're really just starting to dip into all of this "natural" kinda living. There's just so much information, that it's hard to get started. Like, what do we start with first? But, we are interested! Now I feel like we should change the way we eat, and for me the way I've been living. We want to teach Sophia to eat, and live healthy, and we need to start with ourselves first!

Right now, we're pretty much just trying not to eat so many processed foods, and really just crap food. After seeing Jimmy and Heather Hill's garden, I feel like that's all we talk about. We're so excited to have our own, but that'll have to wait until next spring.

Yesterday, I packed up Sophia's diaper bag, made sure she was well fed, put on my tennis shoes, and headed to the YMCA with Aaron.

I've always thought "oh, I don't want to put Sophia in the child care at the Y. What if they don't watch her well? What if it's not clean? What if she doesn't like it?" But really, it was fine. More than fine. You'd think after working there myself, and Aaron working there for 5+ years, that I would know the child care ladies, and what everything looks like. They actually just added on a whole new section to the child care area, and got all moved in a few weeks ago. It looks great!

So we signed Sophia in, put her bag up, shoes off, and brought her over to a big play mat with some toys. She LOVED it. After we walked out the door we watched her for a minute, and she was so adorable. So excited to be there. I also checked on her in the middle of our work out (to make sure she was alright.... ok ok, because Aaron was kicking my butt and I needed a break! ha), and she was happily playing with a little boy around her age. After about an hour and a half, we signed her out, Aaron got to work, and Sophia and I went home for some lunch and her nap.

(Insert cute picture of Sophia in child care room. Gotta get this whole picture/blogging thing down. Heh.)

I've always prefered swimming as my work out. I hate sweating. But let me tell you, it does feel good to sweat! I felt great yesterday. Well, minus the fact that by the end of the night it felt like my legs were going to fall off.

Aaron was so patient with me, and all of my complaining. He refreshed me on how to use certain machines, encouraged me during my jogging, and showed me some new things with weights.

Today, we got up and around, and did the same thing. After 8 weeks of having no schedule, I feel like this is going to become routine for us. Feels gooood!

I've also been doing to crafty things lately. In our old house, the only room we had for my crafting/sewing stuff was packed up in our closet. Now that we have an extra room, I've started to organize and set all of my stuff up. Oh, and I also pulled out some stuff while staying with dad. I had his whole kitchen table covered for about a week. So I've just enjoyed getting back into what my heart loves to do so much. :)


Finally finished Sophia's shaddow box, and made Soph a cute birthday shirt. The scraps of fabric above are my inspiration for Sophie's room. I'm planning on making a quilt out of them soon.
 

 
I also repainted some of Sophia's letters, and made two fabric banners for her windows.
My mom, the ultimate bargain finder, found this big picture at Goodwill for a couple dollars. I think it's from Traget, and probably at least $20. It originally had a yellow background, so I painted it blues to match Sophie's room.
 
Right now, I'm excited.
Just excited.
High on life.
Rock and roll.
 
Ok, enough of that.
But really, things are going great.

3 comments:

  1. Being healthy is one of the hardest things for Logan and I. 1) It's expensive, 2) I really don't take the time to plan meals. So, I feel ya on the whole overwhelming part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should really talk to my mom sometime. Ive thought about this ever since you said you made homemade wipes for Sophia. Lol my mom has always made her own wipes, has a huuuge garden I wish you could see it, she has always breastfed they eat super healthy ect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are hilarious! LOVED reading this! So glad you are blogging.
    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs